Japan has a lot to offer and sushi is one of them. A specialty of Japanese gastronomy, sushi is a dish that has crossed borders and is now eaten all over the world. We do not learn nothing!
It is very successful, so much so that it has been revisited and adapted in the form of a sandwich.
If you like Japanese cuisine, then you will appreciate theOnigirazu. It is about this sushi sandwich, perfectly mixing the ingredients and flavors of the sushi in a Nori sheet.
Easy to make, this recipe is sure to please anyone looking to explore new culinary horizons.
If you are wondering, know that Onigirazu is a kind of japanese sandwich where all the ingredients have been wrapped in a Nori sheet. It can be enjoyed for various occasions and without the need for chopsticks.
To make this take-out, follow each of the steps below to the letter:
Ah yes, just before you start, know that if you are looking for tons of other super original sandwich recipes, it's by here !
The list of ingredients for the sushi sandwich
This typically Japanese recipe is ideally prepared with local ingredients. You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon of sugar;
- Sesame seeds;
- Cooked sushi rice;
- 1 avocado;
- Very fresh raw salmon (catch of the day);
- Sesame oil;
- Nori seaweed.
Once you have gathered these ingredients on your working pan, you can start the preparation. You will see, it's quick and above all very easy to prepare.
The preparation of the sushi sandwich
- To start, you will need to mix the rice vinegar, sugar and a teaspoon of sesame seeds in a small bowl. With the resulting sauce, you will need to season the cooked sushi rice and set aside.
- Then cut and peel the avocado. Add to the cooked sushi rice, ¼ sliced avocado and a few strips of raw salmon. Flavor everything with sesame oil and add two tablespoons of rice vinegar. It is important to specify that you will have all these ingredients on a sheet of Nori, a seaweed widely consumed in Japan.
- Once you are done putting the ingredients together, you need to close the sandwich by folding the corners of the seaweed sheet.
- Film the sandwich to hold it in place while cutting. Then cut it and remove the film.
- That's it, your sushi sandwich is ready to eat. Treat your loved ones in all circumstances with this delicious, easy-to-make dish. This recipe requires very few ingredients and the preparation time is short.
Depending on your desires and preferences, you prove to personalize the recipe. You can add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, hard-boiled eggs and even salad leaves to it. Some people prefer to replace rice vinegar with soy sauce.
You can also realize a vegan and gluten-free sushi sandwich made with ingredients of your choice. In fact you can customize the recipe and revisit this classic of Japanese cuisine as far as your imagination allows.